Tuesday 24 February 2009

V-day dinner



Yup, it's the month of V-day!

It's our 2nd Valentine's and DA brought me to La Cocina at USJ9 for a V-day dinner. It's to my surprise that DA actually brought me to this nice restaurant without revealing anything about the v-day plan. I'm normally the one who always request the places I want to go or the food I want to eat, and he will always be the driver and bring me to look for the food or the places.

You know what, I don't have the restaurant interior picture as I'd totally forgotten to take a pic of it! Erm... however, I still remember about the FOOD, fortunately! YUMMY, YUMMY!

Since they don't serve other food besides from the V-day menu, we have not much choice and we made a quick decision to have each of the starters, same soup, Scallops Fettuccine, Lamb Rack and each of the desserts.



Spring Chicken Cubes With Boletus Mushroom Cream Sauce On Filo Pastry Shell



Stuffed Squid With Herbs & Spices Peppers Served Picon mayo & Picon Verde



Spanish Onion Soup with Almond & Saffron
(I love the Almond in my soup!)


Baked Large Scallops Tossed with Fettuccine Pasta
(The scallops was very soft and we thought we're chewing some fresh fish balls and the pasta was very Q, very well control of timing :p )


Lamb Rack Roasted with a Pommery Mustard, Garlic and Herb Crust
(This was really great and the lamb was tender and juicy!!!)


Rich Spanish Flan with Chocolate and Caramelized Bananas
(I love this too! There's choc at the bottom surprised me!)


Spanish Pear Tart with Vanilla sauce
(This was nice too, but we still preferred the flan)


Home-made Chocolate Truffles
(DA drew a smiley with coffee, the choc melted fast after u put it into your mouth)



Last but not the least and my favorite - Sangrias
(I don't really drink, but this cocktail tastes really nice and I couldn't stop sipping from DA's glass :p)



DA and I really had a wonderful dinner on that day! Each of the set dinner costs RM88++ and the Sangrias on that day was about RM16++. Since they only served V-day menu that day, I'll surely go back for the Paella Negres and some other tapas and of course the SANGRIAS! Cheers~ and thank you DA *Sweet*

YuYu's personal rating, which based on my personal taste bud and feeling:-
Food: 9/10

Drinks: 9/10

Service: 8/10 (deduct 1 mark for forgetting to deliver the homemade choc truffles, hehe)

Ambiance: 8/10 (A warm and cozy place, not so romantic like Smoke House though)


Address:
La Cocina Restaurant & Tapas Bar

38, Jalan USJ 9/5P, Subang Central,
UEP
47620 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Tel/Fax:
603-8023 2395 Cell: 6012-2096573
http://www.la-cocina.com/contactus.htm

Business Hours:
Restaurant:
Daily, Lunch (11am-3pm), Dinner (6pm-12am) Wine Bar: Mon. - Sat. (5pm

No comments:

Post a Comment